What you need: your used candle, a freezer, small sharp knife, soap & water
Here’s how I did it:
1. Place your candle in the freezer for at least an hour. I leave mine overnight.
2. Now that the wax has shrunk, take your candle out of the freezer and start literally stabbing the wax randomly. It should easily crack and crumble to pieces.
3. Once you’ve stabbed it a lot and have it down to just small pieces of wax, dump it in the trash. Remove any extra wax that is just sticking around the jar.
4. You’re left with 3 wicks. Some will just pop right off with the knife. If they don’t come off that easy, soak them in extremely hot water for 10 minutes to melt the glue. Peel them off using your nails.
5. Now peel off those two stickers. The front label should peel off easily. The bottom label will just require using your nails and scraping off any excess stickiness. I do this part under the water.
6. Now just give it a good hand wash with soap and water. Voila!
I use mine to hold my brushes, but you could use these for virtually anything you want -- nail polishes, bobby pins or other hair accessories, or any nick knacks.
Let me know if you try this one out!