6.16.2012

summer hair care




1.    Tresemme Heat Tamer Spray: My hair grows probably faster than the average, and I truly believe it’s because I do my best to protect it from heat damage. If you regularly use straighteners or curling irons, now would be a good time to start using heat protecting spray, if you don’t already. There are all kinds to choose from, but I’ve re-purchased this Tresemme spray because it is perfection. It distributes an even mist onto your hair, is lightweight, and… it’s a grand total of $3.99! If that doesn’t say “buy me!” then I don’t know what does. Keep a bottle in your beach bag and spray in your hair throughout the day. You have to protect those delicate strands from the sun’s heat, also!

2.    John Freida Leave-In Conditioning Spray: Leave-in conditioner is so effortless. After a wash, I spray this on the ends of my hair, wrap it up in a turbie twist, and let it sit for about 10 minutes before I blow dry. I spray this every time I wash my hair. It leaves the ends feeling silky smooth and has made my ends much healthier over time.

3.    Moroccan Oil: Okay, this may be God’s gift to hair, seriously. I use Moroccan oil for taming flyaways after straightening or curling. It adds the “good oils” to your hair without making it look greasy; and it’s packed with nutrients. You can purchase this on Amazon or find similar brands at Ulta.

4.    Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo: I love this shampoo for weeks when I went crazy with the hair spray or scrunching spray. Using too many hair products can leave build up that makes it harder to style your hair, even on good hair days. This shampoo is meant to be used once a week, and it’s fabulous!

5.    Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Conditioner: A deep conditioner is also good to use during your shower once a week. The 3 Minute Miracle is a great option and very affordable. On Sunday nights, I shampoo with the Neutrogena Residue Shampoo, and then apply this as my conditioner. The only negative side to this product is its smell. To me, it smells like buttered popcorn. While I do love me some popcorn, not exactly what I want my hair to smell like. The good thing as that I don’t find that the smell remains on my hair once I rinse it out.

6.    Aussie Catch the Wave Scrunch Spray: If you are lucky enough to have hair that doesn’t always require a straightener a curling iron, and can leave those natural waves flowing, then go for it! I do this on days when I don’t feel like breaking out the straightener, AKA just plain lazy. I just started using this one after reading rave reviews, and so far so good!


7.    Macadamia Deep Repair Hair Masque: Hair masks are great for anyone with dry or damaged hair. It’s enriched with macadamia and argan oils, and helps reconstruct hair by “ultra-conditioning” it. I’ll do a hair mask every 2 or 3 weeks, or just whenever I can remember. You can leave it in for 15 minutes or even an hour or two, depending on the time you have.

8.    Wide tooth comb: One thing I preach, but don’t always practice, is using a wide tooth comb on wet hair. You should really never use a dense brush on wet hair. Any wide tooth comb will do—one from CVS, Target, wherever. I keep an extra one in my beach bag, of course J

What do you use the most during the summer to keep it healthy and protected from the sun? Leave me some comments and let me know. :)



1 comment:

  1. Hey love, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the super sweet comment on my wedding post. You totally made my day and I really appreciate it. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...