7.10.2012

witch hazel benefits & uses


Witch hazel is an all-natural herbal remedy that can do some great things for your skin. Some of its standout benefits include: restoring your skin’s pH balance, deep cleaning your pores, minimizing large pores, removing excess oil, and softening your skin. 

Ways You Can Use Witch Hazel

 Toner 
Use as a toner or astringent after washing your face to refine your skin.

Sooth Razor Burn
Pour over a cotton ball and use it to reduce razor burn after shaving.

Makeup Remover
Mix 1 part witch hazel with 1 part olive oil, and use it to remove eye makeup.

It can also be used to temporarily and gently relieve psoriasis, eczema, sunburns, acne, sores/bruises, swelling, razor burn, and sore muscles. Witch hazel contains 14% alcohol, which is what gives it a bit of a drying effect. 

I keep a spray bottle of this in my medicine cabinet, and I use it as my morning toner.
You can get T.N. Dickinson’s Witch Hazel at CVS for around $5. 

Let me know if you try this one out and if you like it!

xo

3 comments:

  1. five bucks? that's what I'm talking about. lol. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my pics from the ASOS preview I attended. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanne7/13/2012

    Mal.....witch hazel and olive oil as an eye makeup remover worked better than any product I have ever purchased!! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this all the time and I love it! Great tips.

    xo

    Julie
    www.fromproseccotoplaid.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...