6.22.2012

summer skin care

I’ve finally gotten into a skincare routine for the summertime. One thing I put on my new year’s resolution list (yes, I made one) was to be better about taking my makeup off every single night. If I’ve failed at everything else on that list, removing my makeup and sticking to a routine hasn’t been one of them. Whew! Hopefully, I don’t fall out of the routine. My products switch up from time to time, but I tend to stick to the stuff I really love.
And, here they are…




Pond’s Cold Cream: I really like this for removing eye makeup. It’s super affordable, and even the small container feels like it could last forever. Classic affordable makeup remover that you can find anywhere.  

Neutrogena Naturals Makeup Remover Face Wash: This is my new favorite face wash specifically for removing makeup when I’m in the shower. I even prefer this one over the high end Philosophy Purity face wash, which is very similar. This one truly removes every trace of makeup that other removers may leave behind.

Neutrogena Daily Scrub: I switch up the scrubs I use, but it’s usually a Neutrogena or St. Ive’s product. They’re gentle scrubs that exfoliate really well. I exfoliate almost everyday because it’s important to get the dead skin off of your face at the end of the day. Gentle daily scrubs are the way to go!

Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion: Toners are important to use to restore the pH balance on your skin after you wash it. This one is part of the Clinique 3-step acne solutions system. Love this and highly recommend it.

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum: I discovered this product in a Birchbox a few months ago, and it’s the only “blemish clearing serum” that’s worked for me. I dab this on any pimples I have and they are usually gone within 1-2 days.

Mario Badescu Facial Spray: I just started using this spray, but can already tell I’ll repurchase this many times. I was on the hunt for a facial spray with rosewater and am so glad I settled on this one. It contains rosewater, aloe, and herbs, which are all really good for your skin. It’s $7 at Ulta for the 4 oz. (aka a steal!)

Mary Kay Timewise Anti-Aging Moisturizer: Oh moisturizer. If I could only bring 3 things on a deserted island, moisturizer would be it. No matter if you have dry, combination, or oily skin, moisturizer is the single most important step in skincare (after washing, of course). Your skin needs a moisturizer to help balance the oils it produces. I use this one twice a day (morning and night). I’ve repurchased this many times and have yet to find another that comes close to this one. 


And, that's it! Hope you found this helpful. Do you use any of the same products? What are your favorites? 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/17/2013

    I cherishеԁ up to yοu’ll гecеiѵe
    pеrformed гight here. The ѕκetch is tаstеful, your аuthоrеd
    material stylіѕh. neѵeгthelesѕ,
    уou command get bought an impatіencе οver that
    yоu want be handing over the follоwing.

    іll undoubtedlу come furtheг until now agаin аs exасtly the simіlar јuѕt аbout νery геgulaгly іnsidе of case you shield thіs hike.


    Alѕo viѕit my blog poѕt; free ms points

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/17/2013

    Hi there colleagues, its great paragraph about teachingand
    fully explained, keep it up all the time.


    http://ngatop.ng.funpic.de/index.php?a=stats&u=ceciliavvc

    Feel free to visit my website life cell

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...