What's this? A post about something other than makeup or skincare? Well, as much as I love those things, I also love food. But then again, who doesn't? I'm
not the best terrible at cooking, but I do love to bake. And during Fall, I'm often craving apple pie. I've only ever made one [two years ago at thanksgiving] and it just takes a long time to make. So naturally, I headed over to Pinterest to find a single-serve apple pie to get my fix. [What did we do before Pinterest?]
I found this recipe, and decided to give it a go. It turned out exactly how I had hoped. Almost too good. And it only took about 30 minutes to make [15 mins prep, 15 mins bake.]
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 pkg. refrigerated pie crust [I used Pillsbury]
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 medium size tarte apples, each cut into 8 slices [I used granny smith]
[Pre-heat oven at 425°]
1. Mix sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
2. Unroll the refrigerated pastry onto a round cutting board.
3. Brush pastry with 2 tablespoons butter; sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon mixture.
4. Cut each pie crust into eight 1-in. strips [about 8 inches long].
5. Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against the apple.
6. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. [I only had foil. Do I as I say, not as I do.]
7. Brush tops with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining cinnamon/sugar mixture.
8. Bake at 425° for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm.
A few things:
It's up to you if you want to remove the skins from the apple. I removed the skins, except for the very ends. I think it would taste the same either way.
Definitely use parchment paper. The foil was an issue when trying to remove the pies from the baking sheet.
I didn't get the hang of wrapping the apple slices until about half way through. Wrap all the way around the slice, not just the center.
I recommend trying this out if you like apple pie. It's the perfect party dessert!
If you can eat just one... props to you!
Let me know if you try this one out!