5.14.2013

the expert face brush


There's something really nice about finding your absolute-gotta-have-it-favorite-go-to brush. While we have others that can do a similar job, there's comfort in knowing you have found "the one." When it comes to foundation application, I've been on the hunt for a brush that gives perfect, even coverage without breaking the bank. There's just so many different types of foundation brushes. It really just depends on your preference and needs. I have four Sigma foundation brushes. All of which I love, but none are "the one." I've had this brush all along. I was just using it for other things like contouring, setting powder, and sometimes blush. Basically everything except foundation. I tried it out only because all my other brushes were dirty and I figured I should switch it up.


The application was amazing. It's the perfect size, very soft (probably the softest brush I've ever used), gives a great finish to the skin, and best of all-- it's inexpensive. The tapered bristles allow foundation to be applied from all angles rather than just one. And as long as you wash it regularly, it's like good as new each time. 

Like I mentioned before, you can really do anything with this brush. Except maybe apply eye shadow. :) I just highly recommend using it for foundation.

You can find Real Techniques brushes at Ulta or online for $8.99. 

What's your favorite/go-to foundation brush? 

xo, Mallory


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I have been on the hunt for a new foundation brush! I'm currently using a Sephora brand brush, but have been disappointed with the amount of tiny black hairs that get stuck to my face at the end of my application. I can't figure out if it's just the brush or maybe I am not washing it frequently enough. Do you have any suggestions for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this brush! I've always just applied my foundation with my (clean!) fingertips because I never find a brush that gives as flawless a finish. I've heard such great things about this one :) The Tarte foundation sounds good too!

    Ellie | Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...