1.29.2013

inked in pink


I might have hit up the drugstores recently (oh wait, that's every day) and purchased some of the new releases. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I hear that Maybelline released new colors in the color tattoo line. I'm seriously obsessed with these cream shadows. See obsession here

This new shade, inked in pink, is part of five new shadows in their "color tattoo metals" collection. I only picked this one up, despite how gorgeous the other colors are too. I just felt like this is the only color I could see myself using on a more regular basis. And since I already own the barely beige shade, I didn't feel like I needed to own the new cream/beige shade. 

The color is a mauve-y light pink and has a very frosty finish. It definitely lives up to the "metallic" name. I really like how it works with my skin tone, which is what I was a little worried about. I don't reach for frosty pink colors for my eyes very often, but the mauve undertones help to keep it a neutral shade. 

So far I've been applying Inked in Pink on my lids with a flat shader brush, and then applying light matte neutral shades (Naked and Buck from the Naked Palette) to the crease for a nice neutral look for everyday.  I would also recommend using this as a base color if you are doing any kind of dramatic eye look with pink shades. It can help any pink shadow perform true to color. 

I will say that this has the "creamiest" consistency of all the color tattoos I own. So if you have oily lids like me, it can't hurt to apply a primer underneath just to ensure that extra longevity. 

Have you tried any of the new Maybelline Color Tattoo Metals shades? 
I have a few more posts about new drugstore makeup I've been trying. 
Check back here for those!

xo, Mal

2 comments:

  1. Ooh wow, I haven't heard about this color! But it looks gorgeous, and I've always wanted to try a pinky shimmer shade!

    Ellie | Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very intrigued by the Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal shades... the commercial makes them look really amazing! I'm loving this color... I would like to see what the blue color is like too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...